Friday, September 20, 2013

Wardrobe Staples, Beauty Buzz and Swanky Hotels

Now that fall's officially here, I've been updating my wardrobe accordingly and came across a great staple I thought I'd share. A white collared shirt is a must for every girl's closet because it's so versatile: you can wear it to the office during the day, dress it up a for a night out or pair it with jeans and boots for a casual weekend look.

But finding one that's well-tailored can be a challenge, which is why I'm psyched for this one from InStyle Essentials and TrioFit. Instead of just coming in small, medium or large, you order based on your bra size to ensure it's perfectly fitted and the most flattering silhouette. Genius, right? I got the classic button-front version but they also have a sleeveless one with a bow and a baggier, more casual weekend tunic available.
At $59.99, it's a good price for something I'll definitely wear again and again all fall and winter long. If you're in NYC and want to snag one yourself, they're doing an event this Saturday and Sunday from 11-7 at the Chelsea Triangle Plaza (9th Ave between 14th and 15th St.) where an InStyle editor will be on hand to help you pick your perfect shirt and fit...consider them your own personal stylist for the day! They're also heading to Philadelphia and D.C. next if you want to catch them there. 

As for me, I interviewed Shameless starlet Emmy Rossum for SheKnows this week at the Origins and Charity : Water party held at Jimmy rooftop at the James Hotel, where we caught a spectacular sunset and talked beauty tips (she admits even she gets breakouts). 
I also attended the grand reopening of the Palace New York Hotel, where Gossip Girl was often filmed and Serena van der Woodsen lived on the CW series. Mayor Bloomberg was in attendance and commented, "Serena would approve of this renovation". Indeed! Check out the view of the Empire State Building from the Champagne suite. When can I move in? 


Thanks to my Blair for the night, Christina Mannino, for coming along on our uptown adventure.
I'm spending my Sunday covering the Taste WG food festival in Brooklyn, where I'll be shooting for HealthiNation, trying lots of delicious eats and drinks and interviewing chefs and restaurant owners about fall food trends. I'm already working up an appetite just typing about it!

Happy Friday...hope everyone has a delicious weekend! 
Get all the action in real time on Twitter @cristinagibson and Instagram @cristinablairgibson

1 comment: