Thursday, September 5, 2013

How I Spent My Summer: One Direction to Montauk and more!

Happy September to everyone and sincere apologies for my lack of updates! Last December 2012, I started freelancing full-time and things got really busy really quickly. Because I was writing and reporting so much for so many other outlets, I totally neglected this blog but I'm back for good...I promise!

Here's some of my highlights from this summer, both professionally and personally.

In May, I traveled to Las Vegas to cover the Billboard music awards for Cambio, where I got to talk to Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande, Ke$ha and so many more.
It was a super quick trip (one night only) because I had to be back in NYC bright and early Monday to interview Jaden Smith for Cambio as well. You can watch our interview below...we took user questions live from Twitter and Jaden gave some really insightful answers. He was so mature for his age!

I also began working with HealthiNation, hosting video content and covering Madison Square Eats, an NYC pop up food fest, which was lots of fun. So much good food in one place! Check it out next time you're in NYC. At the end of June and early July, I spent 10 days out in Montauk, a beachside town at the very end of the Hamptons. A bunch of us rented a house and celebrated the 4th of July out there. There was lots of beaching, relaxing and lobster eating. 
Being freelance allowed me to stay out there all week and work remotely, which is an amazing perk of being freelance...you can write from anywhere as long as there's wifi. One of my favorite places in Montauk is Surf Lodge, a hotel, restaurant and bar right on the water with gorgeous sunsets and live music. Definitely stop by for a sunset cocktail if you're ever in the area!
St. Lucia playing at Surf Lodge
August was another busy month! I sat down with Kendall and Kylie Jenner for Wonderwall and did a segment for Fox & Friends on behalf of SheKnows. On one particularly crazy Sunday, I sat down with the boys from One Direction in the afternoon and covered the MTV VMAs that night. Our interview is below:

I'd never met these guys before and let me say: their accents are all adorable! Despite all of their success, they were extremely down to earth, very nice and also pretty darn funny. They walked into the room singing out loud and gave me a standing ovation for some reason (do they do that for everyone who interviews them?). Oh and yes, girls: Harry Styles' hair really is that awesome up close. Fact.
All in all, it's been a great summer but now it's already September and you know what that means: Fashion Week is here! Time flies when you're having fun, but I really will update this more frequently. No excuses...after all:
And she updates her blog often! What was your favorite part of summer? Leave it in the comments below!
Get all the action in real time on Twitter @cristinagibson and Instagram @cristinablairgibson

No comments:

Post a Comment