Monday, September 30, 2013

CC Creams, Celebrations and Celebrity Sightings

As a busy girl who's often on the go, I'm a fan of anything that saves time and makes my life easier, which is why I'm currently loving CC creams. I'd heard of BB cream before but just got introduced to CCs a few months ago and I'm addicted. The CC in these creams stands for "color correcting" or "complexion correcting" and they're a girl's best friend. They combine a primer, foundation, concealer and sunscreen all in one product and there's also anti-aging benefits to these bad boys...genius!

I'm loving CoverFX's CC Cream because it's oil and fragrance free, has SPF 30 and gives amazing coverage. In this picture, I'm wearing only their CC cream and nothing else.

I always have dark circles under my eyes (they're genetic, thanks Mom!) and hyper pigmentation on my forehead from not applying sunscreen close enough to my hairline and this does a good job covering these issues up. Next time you run out of foundation, get a CC cream instead...you'll thank me later!

This weekend, I went home to see one of my best friends from high school get hitched and it was such a lovely wedding. Alyssa's husband Joe is a musician and actually sang his vows to her while playing guitar! It was so cute. The entire wedding and reception was held at her family's restaurant, Rode's, and the food was beyond delicious. I need to log some gym time this week to make up for Saturday night, but it was so worth it. Congrats, you two!
I ended my weekend back in the city watching football games and guess who I ran into at Ainsworth Park? Liam Hemsworth and James Marsden! The newly single Hunger Games star seemed to be in great spirits post-split from Miley Cyrus as he hung with the X-Men actor. As my friend and coworker Whitney English recently blogged, celebs are almost always shorter and smaller in person but let me tell you: Liam's one tall drink of water in the flesh.
Not a bad way to end the weekend! Now if only my fantasy football team wasn't in last place...does anyone think I should play Jay Cutler over Tony Romo next week? Sound off in comments!
Get all the action in real time on Twitter @cristinagibson and Instagram @cristinablairgibson

No comments:

Post a Comment