Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year! 2013 Highlights and Inspirational Interviews

Happy New Year! 2013 was an amazing one where I got to continue and grow my freelance journalism career, travel to lots of fun places for both work and play and meet many wonderful people. I welcomed 2014 at a huge Host Committee party at 55 Gansevoort thrown by myself and some other friends.
Before ringing in the New Year, I joined Fox & Friends again to recap the biggest celebrity moments of 2013. You can watch the segment here...love her or hate her, you have to admit that Miley Cyrus definitely was a hot topic all year. Twerking is working, at least in terms of making headlines and getting people talking (and I'm not gonna lie, her new album is pretty good.)

I also had the pleasure of interviewing Tracy Anderson, fitness guru and Gwyneth Paltrow's trainer and BFF, for SheKnows' January Girl Crush. I met Tracy at her NYC home and she was so sweet and fun to talk to, not to mention in amazing shape for having two kids.


Hear the petite powerhouse and single mom explain why she hates juice cleanses and the best thing about having Gwyn as a best friend. After our sitdown, I took one of Tracy's famous cardio classes at her Tribeca studio and it was an intense yet fun workout.
For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm an avid reader (I think I'm the only one of my friends who carries a library card and actively uses it) so I also picked up a book she recommended for some New Year's reading called Within by Dr. Habib Sadeghi. I'm only a few chapters in but it's about the mind body connection and how it relates to weight loss and achieving your ideal self. The science behind it is fascinating and argues that we have complete control over the thoughts and feelings we create and the power of positivity. Good food for thought for 2014 if you're into that sort of thing.
Thank you all for reading my blog and articles over the years and for your support! I feel truly blessed for all of the fantastic people in my life and that I get to make a living everyday doing something that I love. Wishing everyone all the best for a wonderful year ahead filled with happiness, health, love, prosperity and peace. Here's to making all your dreams come true in 2014!

1 comment: