Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pencil-ing in Some Time With Usher

Last week, I got to mix business with pleasure when I covered the red carpet at the Pencils of Promise gala, where Usher was being honored. Pencils of Promise is an amazing charity that helps build schools for children in underprivilged areas and a few of my friends are personally involved in the organization. More on the charity in a minute, but this was my first time interviewing Usher and he was great.
He actually had no idea what designer made his suit so when a reporter asked what he was wearing, he had me check his tag for him! During our interview, Usher dished on his new gig as a judge on The Voice and who he thinks his biggest competition is. I tried to embed the video but the code isn't working, so click here to watch my chat with the R&B superstar.

I also interviewed Scooter Braun, Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen's master manager, who confimed to me that Justin is working on an acoustic album. Cue the screams from the Beliebers. Scooter was in attendance because his brother Adam is the CEO and founder of POP.

POP was founded in 2008 and they've already built 71 schools, with 20 other builds currently happening. Knowledge really is power and I believe in what their foundation is doing. Education is so important and something everyone should have access to.  It was great to be able to cover such a worthy event for Fuse, meet Usher and see some friends all in one night. Congratulations to the Pencils crew for an amazing event!

Get all the action in real time on Twitter @cristinagibson and Instagram @cristinablairgibson

No comments:

Post a Comment